Friday, July 18, 2008

Check it

I ran a 5 miler last night in Souf Boston with my sister, Annie. It was a nice night, albeit humid. I made the mistake of starting out in the back of the pack, which hampered my first mile. Getting through all of the people and out onto the main street proved detrimental to my time. I went through the first mile in 8 minutes flat, which was not what I was hoping for. It was a nice, flat course along the water and a good time overall. I finished with a 7:27 minute pace, which although not blazing, was better than I expected. The race was also an excuse for me to debut my new racing kicks...

BOOOOOYA.
I realize they are usually worn for XC and track, but they are super light, feel like they weigh about AH pound, so I got 'em. Probably not the best for my shins but hey, details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must have been flying with your new racing kicks.