Friday, July 11, 2008

The Boilermaker

Big race this weekend in Utica, NY. It will be the first time I make an appearance at the Boilermaker as a runner, although I have dabbled in the post-race festivities in years past. It should be good run, as the weather looks as though it is trying to cooperate. I will take low 70's, mild humidity, please. The race is slated to draw anywhere from 10,000 to 15,000 peeps, with 11,237 runners signed up for the 9 miler to date (with another 1500 or so for the 5k)...that is a lot of humans. Check out the webpage:

www.boilermaker.com

SLU has represented in large numbers during years past and this year will be no different. We are all congregating for a pasta dinner on Saturday night, hosted by the lovely folks from the alumni office; should be a good time. 

As far as the race itself, I have no idea how I will do. I certainly will not be running down John  French, former SLU XC star and resident cut off T-shirt extraordinaire, that is for sure. Homie likes to cruise in at 49 minutes...for 9 miles...that's like a dead sprint. Props to that, but I'm all set, I want to come away from this weekend with both of my lungs, on the real.

I will update this page from the race, but you all can track the results live if you wish.

Wish me luck!

-B

No comments: